Who are we ?
The Shrine of Ars belongs to the Roman Catholic Church, and more specifically to the Diocese of Belley-Ars, of the Ecclesiastical Province of Lyon [at present its bishop is Guy-Marie Bagnard]. The Shrine therefore wishes to live in full communion with the Holy See in Rome.
Since the death of Jean-Marie Vianney, who was the parish priest of Ars until 1859, the Shrine’s mission is to welcome pilgrims, make known the Holy Curé, who was the patron saint of the priests of the whole world, and safeguard his memory in this holy place.
The priests of the Society of Jean-Marie Vianney, along with all the other priests of the Shrine, the Benedictine Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Montmartre, the Brothers of the Holy Family of Belley and all those who run the Shrine are happy to welcome you during this visit to our web site or when you pass through Ars…
By coming to Ars or by becoming a disciple of Saint Jean-Marie Vianney we invite you to :
- encounter the Lord,
- entrust your intentions, your concerns to Him, and thank Him,
- pray for priests, for vocations,
- deepen and strengthen your spiritual life through the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the Eucharist,
- participate in the prayer life of the Church,
- hear and live out a pressing call to holiness,
- discover and learn to love the Holy Curé of Ars.
Welcome to our site… We look forward to meeting you here in Ars !
Bienvenu sur notre site, en attendant de vous retrouver ici à Ars...